The Liebster Award is a lovely informal meme where the awardee then bestows the award on others. The rules have morphed over time but generally ask the nominee to:
1) Post a short Q&A about themselves
2) Answer the questions the tagger has asked
3) Create a new list of questions for their own nominees
4) Choose a list of their own nominees and notify them
The number of questions and nominees has grown over time, and the maximum number of followers a blogger should have has decreased. (how on earth would we know how many followers someone has?)
In the spirit of the awards but leaving my nominees the latitude to interpret as they wish:
1. I wouldn't notice if all the channels on my TV stopped working as long as I have Turner Classic Movies
2. I don't understand why the goldfish in my little pond swim under the ice and don't mind the winter at all
3. I've collected a number of names in my life and last month found out that my "real" name is not the name my ancestors passed down. Serves me right.
4. My favorite food is shrimp. Extra points for garlic and hot peppers.
5. A dear friend just bought a retired Hearse, called it "The Colonel," and I am green with envy
Now to answer Melissa’s questions for me!
1. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We had a free coupon for an elegant Southern resort. I related more to the help than the guests, but it was nice.
2. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
Good work by other people I wish everyone knew about
3. What is your favorite dessert?
A really good cheesecake
4. How did you meet your husband?
At a high school classmate's new bar. was playing darts. A friend and I were taking a break from studying grad school statistics. He was playing darts. I knew from the moment I saw him I was in deep trouble. 20 years worth so far.
5. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
6. Who is your favorite author?
Mary Ladd Gavell
7. What do you love most about your husband?
Balance of smarts, humor, and passion.
8. What was your favorite memory of 2012?
Congressional Briefing in DC.
9. Why do you blog?
The power of the Internet to build networks and spread information. Plus, when you just have to shout, rant, thank, or giggle: there's nothing better than the "POST" button.
10. What is your favorite TV show?
11. If you could move ANYWHERE in the world, where would you move, and why?
A mountainside overlooking the Shenandoah river.
Here are the questions I’m asking the bloggers I decide to nominate!
1. How many generations back can you go where you know the name of the person?
2. Should free Internet be a public utility like the roads?
3. What is your favorite weather?
4. What's the best blog post title you ever wrote?
Here are the bloggers I’m nominating, because I feel they are ones people I know will appreciate:
- Redleaf Practice blog
- Anorexia Boy Recovery
- Cleveland Center For Eating Disorders blog
- Dr. Ravin's blog
- Nourishing my Son
- Carrie says: Eating Disorder Bites
- One More Bite
- Creating the Path to Wellness - Hope Network
- Kirala-Pfister Foundation
- Marcella muses
- Dr. Julie O'Toole of Kartini Clinic
- Charlotte's Chuntering
Thank you again, Melissa!