Reasons to watch Anosognosia Workshop July 3, 2010 (NAMI Conference) from Treatment Advocacy Center on Vimeo:
- To dispel the notion that I made up and that I'm the only one who uses the term anosognosia.
- You'll end it knowing how to pronounce anosognosia. Well, at least two ways of doing so.
- You'll realize, if you haven't been convinced yet by my constant barking, that eating disorders involve anosognosia to at least if not more than the level it is seen in bipolar and schizophrenia.
- That there are practical tools for us, as caregivers and society, to cope with a patient's anosognosia.
- That Assisted Outpatient Commitment may be the perfect tool for eating disorder treatment compliance.
- That the eating disorder world needs to join, and be welcomed in, by the general mental illness world.
- Change takes time, but good ideas can float to the top.
- That mental illness doesn't have to be a grim, dull, plodding issue.